Our CEO, Jeremy Hallett, is speaking at the Satellite 2021 EMEA + Asia Digital Forum as part of a panel discussing US-Australia Space Cooperation: Maximizing Joint Potential in Communications Technologies and Services.
Event: Satellite 2021 EMEA + Asia Digital Forum
Medium: Online (register at link above)
Date / Time:
- AEST (Sydney/Canberra): 6am, Friday 21 May
- UTC: 8pm, Thursday 20 May
- EST: 3pm, Thursday 20 May
Panel: Jeremy is joining a stellar panel that includes:
- David Logsdon, Chair of the Space Enterprise Council, CompTIA (Moderator)
- Tim Parsons, Chair of the Space Industry Association of Australia (Moderator)
- Aude Vignelles, Chief Technology Officer, Australian Space Agency (KeyNote)
- Mike Carey, CSO & Co-Founder, ATLAS Space Operations, Inc.
- Ric VanderMeulen, VP of Government SATCOM, ViaSat
Topic: In 2019, the Australian government launched its Civil Space Strategy 2019-2028 with seven priority areas, and recently the Australian Space Agency has begun publishing technical roadmaps for each priority area. First out of the gate is "Communications Technologies and Services", which has six "Focus Areas" where the agency considers Australian industry and research have the greatest competitive and comparative advantages.
- LEO Satellite Services
- Optical Ground Stations
- Hybrid RF-Optical Comms
- Reconfigurable Networks
- Radios, Modems and Waveforms
- SatComms Network Management Tools
- Quantum-Enabled Comms
- How might Australian, the US, and their partners collaborate to leverage Australia and the US’ R&D strengths in these areas to create new products and services for end-customers?
- Are there macro issues that both governments have made a priority where partnerships in these specific areas can play out?
- What obstacles should we work to remove to give us the best chance of success together?