Clearbox Systems is a technology company focused on developing new approaches and techniques for the Operations and Management of Communications Networks and the Electromagnetic Spectrum.
None of this can happen without our staff. When hiring, it is not all about the technical aptitude, we want people who are interesting, curious and passionate and that get a thrill out of solving tricky problems.
When applying for roles with us or if you are invited for an interview be prepared to highlight the following (in no particular order):
- Leadership Qualities
- We are looking for examples of leading a team but also taking the initiative (even if working alone).
- Problem Solving Ability
- Both technical and non-technical examples
- Role Related Knowledge
- Be it coding ability, domain expertise or soft skills, we want to hear how you think you can contribute.
- Interest / Culture
- We want to determine if you are a cultural fit at Clearbox Systems. We like interesting people – tell us about your non-work activities and interests. Do you have any personal projects underway? Do you have a side-gig?
The work we do is meaningful, our culture is relaxed and inclusive, and we are keen to help you reach your career goals through training and development. So, come work for a rapidly growing technology company solving complex problems for communications networks and the electromagnetic spectrum.
Work on customer projects, product development and corporate functions across Space (SATCOM and SDA), ISREW and Broadcast Technologies. We are currently hiring a number of staff to work on existing and future Commercial and Military projects.
Immediate Start (last updated: 25 November 2021)
Our available roles are listed on Seek where applications should be submitted.
Systems Engineering Manager - Canberra
Lead a team of Systems Engineers from Intern through to Senior levels to integrate internally and externally developed products, deliver and transition to support systems that meet our customer’s goals and needs. This role would suit Systems Engineers who have well developed experience across a number of stages in a systems lifecycle and are looking for a leadership role at the Engineering Manager level.
Software Architect – Canberra
Play a key role in identifying core software technologies and frameworks, developing software development practices and procedures, and supporting the team to produce logical and achievable product development roadmaps and project plans across all business lines and domains.
Junior to Senior Software Engineer/Developers – Multiple Positions – Canberra/Sydney/Adelaide
We currently have a number of positions open for Full Stack Software Engineers/Developers of varying skill levels across the business. Positions are available within our engineering department, responsible for whole of lifecycle project and service delivery to our customers, as well as our technology department, responsible for leading R&D and innovation. Roles are available to candidates out of our Sydney, Canberra, or Adelaide offices. Remote working options are also available to the right candidate.
- Position A: In the engineering department, reporting to a Software Development Manager or team lead (depending on experience level), you will work in a development team on our flagship software product, Foresight, developing new functionality and product variants to meet specific customer requirements.
- Position B: In the technology department, reporting to the CTO, you will join a high performing software team investigating and trailing the latest technologies and processes to enhance our product offering.
- Position C: In the technology department, reporting to our Space Domain Awareness (SDA) Lead, you will join a team of researchers and bring your software engineering expertise to bare developing micro services/applications for a distributed SDA sensor network.
Software Engineer / Developer - Canberra
Joining our Engineering Department to work on web-based software products enabling hi-tech capabilities such as satellite communications, space domain awareness and electronic warfare. The department is responsible for whole of lifecycle delivery of products and services to our customers.
We are always eager to hear from talented project managers, ILS managers, engineers, software developers, ICT and marketing professionals. If there are no roles listed please still feel free to submit your interest in working with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer:
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Up to 14 weeks Maternity Leave
- Individual Professional Development Pathways (including funding and/or study leave)
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral Bonuses
- Dress for your day
*eligibility requirements apply