Clearbox Systems is proud to present n2, its next generation in innovative monitoring and control solutions. n2 provides the same industrially hardened reliability, low-power design and powerful CPU established with nControl but continues this trend in innovation by providing several times more processing speed and expandability in half the physical size.
The shift to a high-speed USB peripheral architecture opens up a whole new world of options allowing the versatility of integrating almost any off-the-shelf USB peripheral into your system, including serial interfaces, webcams, GSM/3G modems and GPS receivers.
The inclusion of a HDMI port allows easy connection of a DVI monitor for fast and painless configuration. Plug a keyboard and mouse into the USB ports and you have a tiny, fully fledged industrial computer at your fingertips. With modularised hardware, combined with the powerful Newpoint Technologies, Inc. CompassTM Software Suite, the system uniquely addresses distributed remote site monitoring and control.
A core design feature of n2 is the inclusion of 8 high-speed USB ports, giving the n2 the versatility of being able to connect a number of peripherals which extend the capability of n2. Clearbox manufactures a range of stackable peripherals to give an n2 unit extra serial ports, digital/analogue IO ports or Ethernet ports.
The USB architecture is particularly useful for remote site monitoring as it means you only pay for what you need, which can significantly reduce the cost of a typical rollout. In addition, it gives n2 the ability to connect to almost any off the shelf peripheral, providing flexibility to monitor and control system aspects previously never considered possible.
To complement the n2, Clearbox Systems manufactures a line of specialized industrial-grade USB peripherals in the same form factor as n2, including:
- n2 Serial – 4 port RS232/485/422 Serial Module
- n2 DIO86T – 8 Digital In, 6 Relay Out, temperature
- n2 AI8 – 8 Analogue Inputs 0-10V or 4-20mA
- n2 Eth – 7 Additional Ethernet ports
In addition to Clearbox Systems specialised peripherals, almost any existing off-the-shelf USB peripheral can be integrated with n2, such as:
- Camera / video interfaces for remote visual monitoring.
- GSM/3G modems for wirelessWAN connectivity
- GPS receivers for location-based applications
- Professional-grade audio input/output interfaces
- Size: 92mm x 87mm x 25mm
- Weight: 500g
- Input Power: 8-52V unregulated
- Consumption: Max 25W (Actual power consumption will vary depending on application)
- Operating Temperature: 0 to +45 deg Celsius
- Relative Humidity: less than 90% non-condensing
- 600MHz ARM CPU
- 256MB SDRAM system memory + 256 FLASH memory
- Removable microSD Card for system configuration, logs, and custom software
- 1 x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Ports with auto crossover
- 8 x High Speed USB 2.0 Ports
- 1 x HDMI Port for DVI-D compliant monitors