Spectre SDR is a small form factor, Software Defined Radio. Initially developed to meet a Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) requirement, Spectre SDR is now commercially available.
With dimensions of 90mm x 104mm x 152mm and weighing in at 1.2kg the unit packs an impressive set of features into a small form factor, including:
- RF: TX/RX from 70MHz-6GHz, 12-bit depth, 0.2MHz – 56MHz IBW (in the variant show, there is also a HF variant)
- PNT: GNSS Module
- Comms: 4G LTE Modem for private LTE BLOS (in this variant), Ethernet or USB
- CPU: available for use by customer
- Power: rechargeable battery system providing up to 4.5 hours estimated run time
- Antenna: interchangeable depending on platform/mission
The on board CPU is available to run customer software builds as determined by the customer. Clearbox Systems has developed some functions which are available off the shelf as optional extras or new builds can be developed according to requirements.